Wrongful Termination Attorney Toledo Ohio
Mansell Law has successfully represented dozens of employees in the Toledo Ohio area related to cases of wrongful termination. When you lose your job, there are a lot of unknowns, and you and your loved ones are exposed to both economic and non-economic hardship. A wrongful termination can also take a serious emotional toll on your well-being, since the employer you used to take pride in working for has now turned its back on you. We understand that a wrongful termination can leave you feeling powerless – and our Toledo Ohio wrongful termination attorneys are here to stand up and fight for your rights.
How Can I Tell if My Termination is a “Wrongful” Termination?
While there are laws in place to protect employees against wrongful termination, these laws are too often ignored, and violated, by employers. For example, the following circumstances constitute an unlawful termination:
- -You are terminated based on asserting your right to be properly compensated under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) for your hours worked (for example, you complain that you are not being paid overtime or not being paid at least minimum wage for your work);
- -You are terminated based on requesting or taking protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA);
- -You are terminated because you are a whistleblower;
- -You are terminated based on your race, color, national origin, military service or veteran status, sex, gender, pregnancy, religion, disability, or age;
- -You are terminated because you opposed an unlawful employment practice or because you participated in an internal investigation (also known as unlawful retaliation); or
- -You are terminated because you are disabled, or because you require a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
You can also be unlawfully “constructively terminated” (also called constructive discharge) from your employment. This can occur if you are subjected to harassment based on your race, color, national origin, military service or veteran status, sex, gender, pregnancy, religion, disability, or age, and your working conditions become so intolerable that a reasonable person would be forced to quit.
This list is not exhaustive, since each situation is different, and wrongful termination claims are highly dependent on the specific facts and circumstances of your case. While not every termination is considered “wrongful,” our Toledo Wrongful Termination Attorneys know the ins and outs of these complex laws and we offer free consultations to help you navigate these laws and determine whether you have a wrongful termination claim.
We have successfully brought wrongful termination claims against numerous employers in the Toledo, Ohio area. If your employer wrongfully terminates you, we will hold them accountable for their actions. We aim to not only fight for your rights, but also to prevent your employer from engaging in similar conduct in the future.
We understand that a wrongful termination can have a monumental affect on your life and the lives of your loved ones. That’s why we take an aggressive, client-focused approach to each of our cases. We understand the hardships you may endure, and Our Toledo Ohio wrongful termination lawyers are here for you. Contact us for a FREE consultation today by giving us a call at (614)610-4134 or by submitting an online form.